Thursday, December 30, 2010

Mantis Part 2

I can't leave well alone... Having another go at Mantis. Have followed the instructions here and installed phpmyadmin:
    sudo apt-get install apache2 php5-mysql libapache2-mod-php5 mysql-server
    sudo apt-get install phpmyadmin
During the install of phpmyadmin, it will do some config work. Select apache as the web server and answer yes when it offers to setup the database. I supplied 'root' and 'password' when prompted for credentials :-o. Also, I had to set the permissions on the mantis directory otherwise the browser returned a 403 message:
    sudo chmod 755 /var/www/mantis/

I could then navigate to http://localhost/mantis/admin/install.php and fill in the form and click the button. The resulting page requested that I add:

    $g_hostname = 'localhost';
    $g_db_type = 'mysql';
    $g_database_name = 'bugtracker';
    $g_db_username = 'root';
    $g_db_password = 'password';

to /var/www/mantis/config_inc.php as it could not do it itself, for some reason. Ahh - there was no such file as mantis ships with config_inc.php.sample. I added the code and renamed it and the install script was happy.


Clicking continue led me to the mantis login page. Using 'administrator' and 'password' as the credentials I was able to log in. So, up to this point I think I haven't actually needed phpmyadmin at all...


However, if I wanted to create a new user, a password is sent to the user's email address which they use to log in for the first time. As I don't know how to set up emailing, a shortcut would be to look at the mantis database via phpmyadmin and retrieve the password from the sent email. Sneaky eh?


I think I'm gonna call it a day on this little mantis project of mine. Kept me quiet for a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment